Welcome speech in English. Anchoring script for welcoming guests in the function. Welcome speech for school opening day in English.
Whenever you have a function at your school, college, or university, the most important people who will make the function beautiful are the guests you invite. The guests can make your program charming and interesting for the audience, so they need to feel that they are special. Hence, how to welcome them and introduce them to the audience. Let’s look at some good anchoring script for welcoming guests in the function.
Expressions to invite the guests onto the stage. How to introduce and honour chief guest in a function How to give welcome remarks in English?
To get more speech, visit our YouTube channel. This channel is very useful for learning English.
Click here to download Welcome speech in English
Watch this video for the explanation of Welcome speech in English.
How to give welcome remarks in English
Anchoring Script for Welcoming Guests in the Function
Starting lines for Anchoring Script:
First of all, welcome everyone.
Step-1 As such an anchor, first say good morning / good afternoon / good evening to all of you. This will get everyone’s attention towards you and everyone will want to hear from you.
Step-2 After the address, introduce yourself. Like my name is (your name) and I am a student of class (your class).
Step-3 After introducing yourself, tell everyone about the program and say that the moment we were eagerly waiting for has arrived. We will celebrate by gathering at this place today.
Step-4 Ask all the guests to sit- “All the guests take their seats.
Step-5 Address all the guests and the Principal – “Honourable Vikram Sharma, Respected Principal, All Staff Teacher and Students. Thank you all for participating in this program. You have made our program proud. Today we are going to celebrate the annual function of the school or college.
Welcome Speech in English:
1. The duty which is conferred up on me here is to welcome everyone to this grand celebration. Our chief guest this year is such a philanthropist who doesn’t need a formal introduction at all___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.
Thank you so much sir /mam. We are pleased by your presence.
2. Next, I would like to welcome our “Guest speaker” today.
3. The next one I would like to welcome to this function is the president of the meeting who need not be acquainted to the members and well-wishers of Narayana school. He is the man who always behind the success of our school and passionate about teaching and nurtures every child to get great success. He is none other than our beloved Dean
Sir, Please welcome
Anchoring script for welcoming guests in the function
4. Again, I would like to welcome all the dearest parents who have constantly extended their love and support to all the high prospects of this school and to each one of its faculty.
And last, but not the least, I would like to welcome all the teachers and students, who are the part and parcel of this institution in my modest words. I hope and request your benign cooperation throughout this programme for its grand success. Thank you.
Expressions to invite the guests onto the stage:
1. I consider it a great honor to welcome Mr./Ms/Sri/Smt/Dr./Prof _______________ onto the stage.
2. The next dignitary to honor us with his/her presence is. Mr./Ms/Sir/Smt/Dr./Prof __________.
3. I am glad to invite Mr./Ms/Sir/Smt/Dr./Prof_______________________ On to the stage.
4. It will now be the turn of _____________________ to come onto the stage.
5. I request Mr./Ms/Sir/Smt/Dr./Prof_________________________ to grace the stage.
6. Next, we look forward to the presence of ___________________ on the stage.
7. It is my privilege to invite Mr./Ms/Sir/Smt/Dr./Prof ____________________ onto the stage.
A Model Welcome Speech:
1. Good morning/evening/afternoon to all dignitaries, guests, and delegates with great joy and immense exultation. I feel privileged to extend my warm welcome to all presented here for the function.
Now, I invite Guests to today’s function with a request to come on to position and occupy the distinguished chair. I invite Dr. Soumya, the chairperson of the school, please come on to the stage. We need not say about the chairperson. The whole campus is vibrating and echoes her prominence. Please give warm welcome to Dr. Soumya. I request Manoj to offer her bouquet.
How to introduce and honour chief guest in a function
2. I am excited to take an opportunity to introduce our chief guest of the day Mr. Sourab, the director of PU Board. On behalf of the management, I thank him for providing his gracious presence to join us today to enhance our joy.
3. We feel honoured to have with us the honourable Chief Guest. His Excellency Mr. Kiran Mehta, – Sir you hardly need any introduction, you have made all of us proud of your distinguished work in numerous capacities. You are one of the most celebrated foreign service dignitaries.
4. Guests of Honour: Mr. Brijesh, the Pro-Vice Chairman of the School, the man of distinct vision and a fountainhead of illuminating ideas, an idol of knowledge and experience and inspiration to all of us.
5. I welcome honourable chief guest Ms. Pooja. Director Mr. Harish. Vice Principal Mr. Ritesh. faculty members and participants.
I would like to request vice principal Mr. Ritesh sir to present flowers to the director Mr. Harish. Thank you very much, sir.
I would like to request director Mr. Harish sir to present flowers to Respected chief guest Mr. Sourab sir. Thank you very much, sir.
6. In addition, I cordially invite Mr./Ms.________ the principal of the college to occupy his honourable chair on the stage. Now I request______ to offer bouquet to_______.