The Enchanted Pool is an important lesson for 9th standard students. This lesson is written by C. Rajgopalachari. In this post we will discuss 2 marks, 3 marks and 4 marks questions with answers. We provided The Enchanted pool notes in this post.
If you want to learn summary of this lesson visit our YouTube channel. In this video we explained Kannada and English summary of this lesson. Read The Enchanted Pool notes here.
1. Who did Yudhistira ask to see for water?
Ans: Yudhistira asked Nakula to see for water.
2. Why do you think Nakula was happy when he got to the place?
Ans: Nakula was happy when he got to the place and saw there was a pool.
3. Can you give a word for ‘transparent’ which means almost the same?
Ans: ‘Clear’ is a word which means almost the same meaning of transparent.
4. Why do you think Nakula did not obey the voice?
Ans: Nakula did not obey the voice because he was very thirsty and he thought of quenching his thirst first.
5. What happened to Nakla did not obey the voice?
Ans: Nakula felt terribly drowsy and he fell down; to all appearance dead.
6. Why did Yudhistira send Sahadeva to see what the matter was?
Ans: When Nakula did not return for a long time, Yudhistira sent Sahadeva.
7. Why did Sahadeva meet the same fate as Nakula?
Ans: Sahadeva also disobey the voice so he also meet the same fate as Nakula.
1. What did Arjuna see when he got to the pool?
Ans: Arjuna saw his brothers lying dead near the pool.
2. Why do you think the voice did not allow Arjuna to drink water?
Ans: The voice wanted answers from Arjuna and it wanted test them. So it did not allow Arjuna to drink water.
3. Why did the invisible being laughed at Arjuna?
Ans: Arjuna shot the arrows in the direction of the voice. The arrows did not hurt it. So it laughed.
4. What was the warning of Yaksha to Yudhistira?
Ans: Yaksha warned Yudhistira that his brothers died because they did not heed his words, so he should not follow them and answer his questions.
5. Do you observe any difference between Arjuna and Yudhistira in their response to the invisible voice?
Ans: Yes, there was a difference between them. Arjuna did not heed to the voice. But Yudhistira requested Yaksha to ask questions.
6. Why do you think all the brothers fell unconscious when they drank water?
Ans: All the brothers did not heed to the voice of Yaksha and they tried to drink water so they fell unconsciousness.
1. According to Yudhistira mind is faster than the wind. Do you agree with him?
Ans: Yes, I agree with Yudhistira that mind is faster than the wind.
2. What is that abandoning which man becomes loved by all?
Ans: Pride for abandoning that man will be loved by all.
3. What is the answer of Yudhistira to the question, ‘Who rescues man in danger’?
Ans: Yudhistir answered that ‘courage’, which rescues man in danger
4. Why do you think Yaksha asked Yudhistira for a boon?
Ans: Yudhistira answered all the questions correctly so Yaksha asked him to ask for a boon.
5. Why did Yudhistira choose Nakula in preference to Bhima?
Ans: Kunti and Madri were the two wives of Pandu. Yudhistira , a son of Kunti , surviving so to be fair with Madri he preferred Nakula.
6. Why did Yama take the form of Yaksha?
Ans: Yama take the form of Yaksha to saw his son Yudhistira and test him.
C 2. Answer the following questions by choosing the correct option.
1. Arjuna wanted to destroy the unseen foe, but first he had to ………
a. ask permission from his brother.
b. quench his terrible thirst.
c. find out where it was.
Ans: b. quench his terrible thirst.
2. Yudhistira agreed to answer the questions of the Yaksha because ………
a. he was afraid of the Yaksha.
b. he knew the Yaksha.
c. he wanted to see a possible way of saving his brothers.
Ans: c. he wanted to see a possible way of saving his brothers.
3. According to Yudhistira, happiness is the ………..
a. result of material comfort
b. result of good conduct
c. result of good friendship.
Ans: b. result of good conduct
C 4. Answer the following questions in a short paragraph. (30-40 words)
1. “There must certainly be water there.” How do you think Nakula came to that conclusion?
Ans: When Yudhistira told Nakula to climb a tree and look for water, he climbed the tree and look around and said that at a little distance he saw water plants and cranes. There must be certainly water there. It shows that Nakula came to the conclusion that there must be water there.
2. “Arjuna wanted to destroy this unseen foe.” Why do you think he wanted to do so?
Ans: Because he saw that his two brothers lying dead. He was very thirsty and wanted to quench his thirst first. When the unseen voice warned him not to drink the water and if he disobeys it then he will follow his brothers. Then he got angry and wanted to kill that unseen foe.
3. “Yudhistira himself proceeded in the direction his brothers had taken.” What made Yudhistira take that decision?
Ans: When his brothers did not come back, Yudhistira was very much worried and proceeded in the direction his brothers had taken. He wanted to see his brothers. So he decided to proceed in that direction.
4. “Happiness is the result of good conduct.” Do you agree with this? Support your answer with an example.
Ans: Yes, I agree that happiness is the result of good conduct. When the other four brothers showed their anger and bad conduct they fell dead. But with his good conduct and temperament Yudhistira answered all the questions and become a happiest person.
5. “May the cloud-complexioned Nakula, arise.” Why did Yudhistira choose Nakula in preference to Bhima and Arjuna?
Ans: Kunti and Madri were the two wives of Yudhistir’s father Pandu. He was surviving, a son of Kunti and so she was not completely bereaved. So, to be fair, he asked Madri’s son Nakula, may revive.
Watch the following video for explanation of these all questions and answers. The Enchanted Pool notes are explained here.